Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Electrician at Montréal Airport.
Facility Maintenance Electrician is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
Install, maintain, trouble shoot and repair facility equipment and industrial equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
Read, interpret electrical drawings, schematics and the Canadian national electrical code. Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for serviceability.
Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
Conduct preventative maintenance program on powered and non-powered aircraft ground support equipment.
Install, maintain, and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
- High School diploma
- License C Electrician
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the trade
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Be a team player
- Available to work a variety of day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel
Conditions of Employment:
- Eligible candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, have a valid driver's license and be available to attend full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Applicants must also be able to pass security screening and obtain the access card. Please note that this includes a criminal record check.
- The candidate must obtain within a period of six months his restricted area identification card (RAIC) and his airside vehicle operation permit (AVOP)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.