Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Analyst, Data & Analytics, Data Analyst is responsible for performing in depth data profiling, to assess the quality of source data, to validate relationship integrity between entities and to confirm the business rules behind the transformations. He/she is also responsible for documenting source-to-target mappings and data transformation designs for ETL program and other on-going data movement, cleansing, and integrations.
He/She collaborates with the data modeler to develop and maintain the data models and with the data owners to establish processes and standards that are compliant with quality assurance principles and guidelines. Moreover, he/she conducts data audits to validate compliance with these quality standards.
This position will report to the Manager, Data & Analytics.
- Assist the Business Analysts with validating business rules and translate them into technical requirements.
- Build specification for ETL development of pipelines using sources of data in various formats between data lake and data warehouse.
- Provide day to day support to Data Engineers for the coordination and the prioritization of their activities.
- Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making.
- Document the various mapping (source to target) from all different sources to target into the data lake and the Data Warehouse.
- Perform comprehensive data profiling (Subject, relationship, attribute, timeline, Dependency etc.).
- Develop and define quality metrics.
- Identify data quality controls.
- Document Quality system.
- Work with Business Analyst to investigate data issues by data profiling.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st, 2021
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics
3-5 years of IT technology or operations related experience in a large company
Demonstrated proficiency in query tools (SQL is needed) and Data quality tools
Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Azure, Snowflakes, conventional data warehouse)
Track record working with data from multiple sources and willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results
Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
Ability to understand complex relational and dimensional data models
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.