Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, System Config & Tech. Pubs reports directly to the Director, Engineering-Major Projects/AEO and is responsible for proper and timely configuration of the airline’s maintenance management and planning system (Trax), as well as ensuring adequate and current distribution of technical publications and manuals, across various software tools and devices.
Activities and key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ongoing leadership, quality oversight and development of a large group of individuals holding various skills and competencies.
- Manage the prioritization of tasks and resource allocation required by the operations and projects.
- Assess resources needs, prepare & justify operational budget.
- Establish and maintain processes for engineering configuration, control for maintenance requirements and specifications for engines, airframe and components.
- Establish and maintain processes for Technical Publications delivery to the Business Units. Develop & maintain an efficient flow from receipt to end-user delivery.
- Maintain strong working relationships and work closely with the ACM Business Units to define and understand their needs.
- Benchmark current processes against best industry practices for operation of the department, develop and implement changes that improve overall efficiency, functionality & accuracy.
- Develop workflows and responsibilities for the integrated team.
- Support Steering Committee with business cases and analysis.
- Develop & maintain a Quality Assurance process.
- Participate in industry events (with Boeing, Airbus) that will influence the future of Tech. Pubs products.
- Evaluate new products and make recommendations regarding the use of technology in managing technical data/publications.
- Maintain relationships with OEMs for data services.
- Ensure Technical Publication servers stay current and always functioning to provide non-stop services for ACM’s needs (internal and external customers).
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
Knowledgeable and current in computer technology and industry trends, including the full Microsoft suite
Possess software/computer related degree/knowledge consistent with the business area
Knowledge of XML and SGML a definite asset
Knowledge of Technical Publications (e.g. Boeing Toolbox, Airbus ADOC) & Trax software a definite asset
Strong analytical/problem solving to deal with complex business problems
Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to handle priorities and meet strict deadlines
Sense of initiative, self discipline and proactive thinking
Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player
Proven ability to mentor and coach others, both remotely and in-person
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.