Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Onsite)
Salary: $23.36 per hour for full-time positions with overtime opportunities as provided for in our collective agreement. $16.60/hour for part-time positions
Shift premiums: Afternoon - $0.50 for each hour worked between 18:00 and 23:00. Midnight - $1.00 for each hour worked between 23:00 and 6:00.
Job type: Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for you! Air Canada is looking for Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) to join our airside operations team at the Toronto Airport. There is lots of variety involved in this stimulating position, so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as you’ll be playing a key part in ensuring that our aircrafts are ready for a safe, secure and on-time departures
If you love working in a fast paced team environment, problem-solving, and helping others, book your seat today and take your career to new heights.
What your day-to-day looks like:
As a Ramp Agent (Station Attendant), you will be managing baggage and freight, plus operating a variety of equipment. You will also be:
- Driving and operating aircraft servicing vehicles and equipment
- Marshalling or towing aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning
- On-loading and off-loading cargo/mail to and from our aircrafts
There are also several support positions within the operation
Take a look at this video to find out more about the Ramp Agent role: https://youtu.be/4yGhZukonN8
Your Rewards and Benefits:
As one of the Top 100 employers in Canada, we ensure our employees are compensated with a range of rewards and benefits including:
- Employees love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. We offer an enhanced travel privilege that permit employees to travel with anyone they like, be they friends or family, effective on day one. Also, you and your immediate family members will enjoy special rates on airfares.
- Choose how you'd like to work with us. We have full-time opportunities available. Station Attendants can also trade shifts with other Station Attendants – offering shift flexibility.
- Air Canada provides a generous Benefit package, which include Group Benefit plans such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability coverage and Voluntary Life Insurance.
- You can receive an annual Profit Sharing award based on Air Canada’s financial performance and success.
- Training and development tools are available to help unlock your full potential - including opportunity for Tuition Reimbursement
- You will be enrolled in the IAM Multi-Employer Pension Plan (MEPP) on your date of hire to help you with your financial future.
- You will have an opportunity to contribute part of your salary towards the purchase of Air Canada shares as part of the Employee Share Ownership Program.
- You can receive Instant online recognitions from your peers and purchase merchandise with accumulated points. We have many employee recognition programs, such as service anniversaries and Award of Excellence.
- You will be eligible to great discounts with several partners.
At Air Canada, we are committed to educating and supporting employees throughout their professional life journey at work. Our wellness program, Unlock the Best in You (UBY), focuses on four key quadrants: mental health awareness; health and wellness; work health; and financial wellness. Our mission is to educate, support and empower employees and their dependents to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices and to create a culture of wellness throughout the Air Canada network.
Your Future at Air Canada
- You will have on-the-job Aviation Management training
- You will encounter many fascinating career paths within the Station Attendant bargaining unit, within the Airports Branch, within Air Canada. We put your career in your hands and support our team in achieving their professional goals.
Skills and experience required:
Although previous experience is not required as a Ramp Agent due to our comprehensive training program this is a role that carries a great deal of responsibility. Therefore, we have a number of key criteria to ensure your success:
- Availability to work in shifts
- Able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures
- Eligible to work in Canada
- A valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years of driving experience is preferable
- Available to attend two (2) to four (4) weeks of full-time mandatory training
- Medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Let your career take flight
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth and expansion of Canada’s largest National Flag Carrier. Come onboard with us and watch your career take flight.
Diversity and inclusion:
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.