Right now, Air Canada is looking for Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) to join our ground handling team onsite at Toronto Airport. There are lots of moving parts involved in this position, so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as you’ll be playing a key part in ensuring that our aircrafts are ready for secure and on-time departures.
If you love working in a team environment, problem-solving, and helping others, book your seat today and take your career to new heights.
What your day-to-day looks like:
As a Ramp Agent, you will be handling baggage and freight, plus operating loading equipment. You will also be:
• Driving and operating ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment
• Marshalling or towing aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning
• On-loading and off-loading cargo and passenger baggage
Take a look at this video to find out more about the Ramp Agent role: https://youtu.be/4yGhZukonN8
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
• Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You and your immediate family members will enjoy special rates on airfares from day one
• Choose how you'd work with us. We have both full-time and part-time opportunities available
• We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family
• Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential
Skills and experience required:
Although we don’t need you to have any previous experience as a Ramp Agent, this is a role that carries a great deal of responsibility. Therefore we have a number of key criteria to ensure your success:
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
• Availability to work in shifts
• Able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
• Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
• Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures
• Eligible to work in Canada
• A valid driver’s license
• Available to attend two (2) to four (4) weeks of full-time mandatory training
• Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card
• Medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test
• Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Let your career take flight
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth and expansion of Canada’s largest airline. Come onboard with us and watch your career take flight.
Diversity and inclusion:
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.