Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Enterprise Architect will work to define and facilitate the development of Air Canada’s current and future IT architecture required to meet organizational needs, goals, and strategic direction. The incumbent will also promote component reuse, standardization of technologies and ensures that the standards and changes to the architecture are documented, agreed to and implemented through best practices of designing and solutioning
This position will be reporting to the Director, Enterprise Architecture
- Ensure alignment of architectural strategy with business requirements
- Support and participate in developing organizational policies, standards, guidelines and procedures related to IT architecture
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project/program/portfolio level
- Consult with project teams to ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure and services and strategic requirements
- Support the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated for reuse through different methods for different business purposes
- Coordinate architecture implementation and modification activities
- Assist in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Ensure conceptual completeness of the technical solution
- Analyze current architecture to identify gaps and determine opportunities for improvement
- Perform ongoing architecture quality review activities relative to specific projects/programs/portfolio that one is responsible for
- Keep technology and service managers aware of key customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts
- Provide vision for and direct oversight of an Architecture function (Enterprise, Data, Infrastructure, Applications, Integration, Cloud, Security, etc.)
- Ensure Architecture is aligned with Air Canada’s business goals and objectives
- Develop and communicate architecture technical guidance, design patterns, and standards, and collaborate with IT stakeholders in the development and evaluation of architecture-compliant technical solutions
- Direct analysis of technology, industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on Air Canada’s technology environment
- Conduct an evaluation of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Responsible for reviewing the technical architecture from a security, accessibility, data integrity, and availability points of view
- Overseeing and monitoring progress on complex and/or multiple projects relative to scope, schedules, budgets and quality
- Provide technology evaluation and selection advice regarding the use of COTS, custom approaches, open source and cloud appropriateness
- Preparing and distributing architectural vision, goals, standards, structure, behavior patterns, models, to all affected stakeholders
- Checking conformance to standards and architectural decision and resolving design and architectural conflicts by explaining and justifying design and architectural decisions
- Minimize the impact of integration on various existing processes
- Work collaboratively with Developers, UI/UX Designers, Analysts and Test Specialists in designing new and robust digital solutions
- Liaise with software developers and engineers to address any problem in program logic
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 13-15 years of IT technology, operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company
- Experience in airline related systems and technologies is considered an asset
- Certifications in TOGAF, Zachman, Open CA, FEAF are preferred
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions.
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team, and to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.