Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Drive and implement Air Canada’s vision to achieve its commercial goals in relation to space, airport requirements and airport development, to ensure superior customer service handling, including financial and relationship management with key stakeholders.
- Position will be assigned responsibility for airports at Air Canada destinations whether within Canada, the US or International based on the following:
- Airport size, complexity, and strategic importance
- Opportunity to reduce operating costs
- Contribute to enabling AC’s strategic vision
- Airport Authority initiated projects
- Establish and lead internal multi-branch committees to develop overall airport strategies consolidating commercial, customer service and financial objectives - Network Planning, Legal, Corporate Safety, & Environment, Finance, Strategic Purchasing & Airports
- Establish strategic relationships with senior AA leadership and act as primary interface between AAs, internal AC stakeholders and affiliates/CPA operators.
- Chair or participate in ACC’s/TSC’s/AAAC/IATA and subcommittees (excluding Fuel & Deicing – handled by technical subject matter experts from respective departments).
- Participation, evaluation and management of airport/terminal redevelopment projects with an understanding of the impact to AC operations.
- When appropriate, conduct analysis on airport process using data sources from both internal and external sources and make recommendations.
- Negotiate licenses, leases (new and renewals), permits and operating agreements when required, with AAs and other 3rd party landlords.
- Rates & Charges oversight.
- Ongoing site visits to build relationships and evaluate, monitor and support the operations and redevelopment projects.
- Prepare executive summaries and property estimates, AFC’s and NPV for internal fund approval purposes for all leases, operating agreements and letters of credit.
- Formulate and evaluate strategies for real estate transactions using qualitative and quantitative criteria.
- Ensure the proper application and implementation of the negotiated terms and conditions of the agreements.
- Coordinate opening/suspending/resumption/closing of stations.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets for each station.
- Monitor and initiate discussions with AAs on rates and charges methodologies and airport development and, where appropriate, the application and use of PFF/AIF/ALO agreements.
- Annual touchpoint with Jazz Leasing/Ops on space use (space audit).
- Monitor competitive OAL Alliance and Star Alliance activity.
- Support other Air Canada branches as required
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
- University degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field
- Airport operations & planning experience – Terminal, Airside, Cargo & Baggage
- 1- 3 years of relevant experience such as in leasing, real estate and/or contract negotiations
- Experience in developing and analyzing financial data
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills,
- Ability to build relationships with internal customers, while maintaining ability to challenge requirements for expansion, relocation, or taking on new space, and ability to successfully drive cost reduction initiatives
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, respect and meet deadlines, make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products with advanced MS Excel experience
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently
- Airline experience an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.