Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Ground School and Training Coordinator will ensure complete coverage of all planning and execution of schedule for all assigned training courses. The incumbent schedules and coordinates all Ground School, Advanced Qualification Program (AQP) in-class training courses, Introduction to Command Training (ITC), and Pilot Indoctrination Training (PIT). The incumbent will also manage documentation related to the in-class training courses, assist in curriculum maintenance, and analyze simulator logs for interruptions.
- Manage, schedule and coordinate all in-class and simulation training courses (Ground School, pilot indoctrination training, inter-rater reliability, advanced qualification program 101 and mentor course).
- Book guest speakers, transportation, catering, GTAA appointments, practical emergency training, dispatch tours and management meet and greet events.
- Assemble all materials for training courses (including flight deck posters, training folders, certificates).
- Maintain an updated curriculum database, course list calendar and training records on the company website and AQP SharePoint.
- Schedule and assign the fleet’s Ground School instructors monthly courses
- Act as a central point of contact for students starting Ground School and AQP training courses.
- Schedule meeting rooms for third party and coworker requests.
- Schedule and maintain hotel bookings for Ground School, ITC, and Instructors.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Verify facilitator and third party invoices.
- Assist Flight Training Manager with completion of any assigned training department projects.
- Provide administrative support for the 3rd floor.
- On behalf of the Vice President, Flight Operations, promote and support safe and efficient flight operations at Air Canada.
- Coordinate with numerous Flight Training and AQP department staff to fulfill training commitments.
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral English at an advanced (University Degree equivalent) level. Bilingual preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a position involving coordination and the scheduling of activities is desirable.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, electronic mail efficiently
- Solid administrative skills.
- Strong multitasking and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Operational experience in an aviation company with similar role an assett
- Previous scheduling experience in a flight training environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of scheduling rules and Collective Agreement an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.