Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Application Development and Maintenance.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are developed and clearly communicated
- Develop APEX code that is reusable, easily testable and highly efficient
- Analyze and resolve technical and applications issues
- Leverage point-and-click Salesforce configuration as much as possible (workflow, process builder, approval process, etc)
- Design scalable applications on the Force.com platform by leveraging industry standard best practices and the strengths of the Force.com platform
- Create, update, and maintain Einstein Analytics dashboards and data models
- Integrate with other applications through RESTful web services
- Adhere to the quality objectives and engineering best practices, perform complete unit and integration testing, code reviews, secure coding standard, and deliver complete documentation
- Play an active role in projects-related activities such as sprint planning, daily scrum meeting, sprint review
- work with a team of offshore developers including prioritizing application enhancements, providing design oversight and performing code reviews on a day-to-day basis
- Design, build and prioritize test strategies, plans and scripts
- Develop pre-test checklist to ensure environment is ready for test execution
- Deploying Production Changes
- Document anomalies and assist developers in corrective actions
- Track and retest anomalies based on feedback or new releases
- Providing Training to the business on how to use various functionality within the application
- Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team by bringing new ideas and solutions on how to ameliorate the applications, the processes, the delivery, the communication, etc
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- Hands-on APEX development experience
- Experience on Visualforce, Lightning components, Salesforce reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of ETL tools and processes is an asset
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, etc.) is an asset
- Salesforce Certification is strongly desired
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.