Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious individual to learn and progress in their career with Air Canada. The Financial Services Analyst represents Finance and works with the team which supports the finances of the Airports North-America branch.
- Support the financial and operational performance of the Airports business unit by providing the team with the necessary reports/tools to make informed financial decisions on a timely basis.
- Produce accurate and consistent reports during period close-offs as well as various forecasting activities.
- Ensure that effective financial and accounting managing processes/systems and controls are maintained and improved, in accordance with corporate/branch financial and accounting policies and requirements.
- Monitor, validate and process incoming charges and revenues as required relating to the Airports business unit.
- Develop, the financial plans/budgets for the Airports business unit. Monitor and analyze financial performance against plans and ensure corrective actions are undertaken as required; perform post-evaluations of projects/programs as appropriate to assess actual versus target results; develop and analyze key performance indicators to track financial performance.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with client group and function as an integral member of their team, as well as effectively communicating with external contacts.
Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
An Accounting designation (CPA or CMA) is an asset.
Good knowledge of MS Office
Results driven with demonstrated strong financial, technical skills and creativity.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work within a team.
Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
Must be able to work independently as well as be adaptable and reliable.
Good organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
Needs to demonstrate interest in airline business and operations as well as a desire to learn and an interest in personal development.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.