Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
As one of Air Canada’s Maintenance Mechanics you will work directly with the Facilities Maintenance group to ensure all Hangar facilities and all related equipment are maintained to manufacturer’s standards. Close coordination with the internal AC tenants of our buildings is necessary to ensure services do not impact airline operations. Building and fostering a culture of teamwork is extremely important. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times.
Candidate is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
Work includes but is not limited to:
- Providing various mechanical, structural, and rotating equipment support; maintaining optimum functionality equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing preventive maintenance measures, and repairing equipment and system
- Welding experience with MIG, TIG and Plasma cutters
- General work with a basic understanding of electrical safety is a must.
- Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful.
- Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Mechanic, repair and overhaul of Company facilities, including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
5 years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of Tenants.
Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
Work experience in Maintaining and repairing a variety of life safety systems, plumbing, and building repairs.
Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude.
The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
Strong verbal and written communication skills
The ability to work at heights
Ability to read mechanical plans
- Community College electrical/mechanical training would be considered an asset.
- Refrigeration and gas license
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.