Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Operations, Crew Scheduling, In Flight Service, the Cabin Crew Scheduling Manager is responsible to plan, monitor and adjust the IFS crew scheduling staff work schedules to meet daily operational requirements in accordance with both CUPE and UNIFOR Collective Agreements, Transport Canada and Company requirements including efficiency and economy of the operations.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage processes for optimum day-to-day scheduling of all Cabin Personnel at all four crew bases consistent with the CUPE collective agreement and Transport Canada regulations.
- Support Corporate product and operational integrity, on-time performance, financial targets and individual Base productivity objectives consistent with CUPE and Unifor Collective Agreements and Branch objectives.
- Develop and foster a professional and open interface between the Crew Scheduling, crew bases, and the Cabin Personnel group in support of efficient scheduling and communication as well as employee involvement in all aspects of onboard staff planning systems and processes.
- Provide input to Systems Operations Control (SOC) and Cabin Personnel Managers on all irregular operations with respect to crew impact and availability while supporting on-time performance, customer service and cost management.
- Initiate and manage appropriate action to minimize Cabin Personnel staffing costs by analyzing operational requirements vis-a-vis system Reserve resources and implementing short term daily staffing plans.
- Ensure a high level of quality and operational integrity is maintained in all systems and processes within the Crew Resource Centre. Liaise as required with Bases, scheduling staff, Cabin Personnel, CUPE and Unifor union representatives as well as external departments ensuring employee involvement, consistency and quality in all areas of onboard staff planning scheduling.
- Provide interpretation and direction on all matters pertaining to the management of the CUPE Collective Agreement for all Base Management and Unifor Collective Agreement for scheduler, Crew Resource Centre Personnel and Cabin Personnel.
- Maintain Daily Cabin Personnel utilization reports for input into short and long-range staffing plans.
- Develop and deliver recurrent training programs and induction training for existing and new staff members at the Crew Resource Centre.
- Manage Unifor Staff (schedulers), performance in areas such as attendance, productivity, Overtime, and reduce Overtime
- All functions are extended to support Air Canada Rouge
A demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in an environment of high pressure and stress.
Very strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
A demonstrated ability to professionally provide direction and leadership to staff members in a fast-changing environment.
A highly developed entrepreneurial spirit, good judgment and a superior sense of initiative.
The ability to deal professionally with conflict situations
Flexibility and willingness to work shifts
A self-starter with a willingness to implement and manage change
Eagerness to learn new applications, work methodologies and processes
Previous experience with staff management
Knowledge of various computer applications, including spreadsheet analysis, Microsoft Office, knowledge of Netline, Acfids and Communicator an asset.
Demonstrated customer service affinities
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.