Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Business Insights Analyst is primarily to support the Senior Business Insights Analyst in the reporting and analysis of operational and customer related data for the Operations Business Insights and Quality Assurance team. The position includes data mining, reporting, statistical modelling and forecasting for various operational and customer measures. The position also will support branch and cross-functional projects that require reporting and analysis functions.
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
- Provide statistical and analytical expertise in support of Operational and Customer short-term and long-term initiatives.
- Evaluate, innovate, and recommend mathematical and statistical approaches for the improvement of current processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain statistical models.
- Analyze data, identify trends, produce statistical reports.
- Present findings to appropriate value stream.
- Design and program queries for extracting information and metrics from data stored in various databases.
- Automate current processes and reporting where data is involved.
- Design, program, automate, and maintain ad-hoc databases and queries, dashboards, KPIs, scorecards, reports.
- Monitor, investigate, correct, and prevent data quality problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer of technical skills, report generation, data management, and analysis procedures.
- Integrate data from various internal resources to promote the strategic use of data.
- Provide supporting data and analysis for business case development for various improvement initiatives.
- Utilize analysis best practices to evaluate business issues.
University degree or college diploma preferred.
Strong analytical and applied logic skills.
Sound experience with mathematics / statistical analysis and modeling.
Creative problem solver who thinks strategically, is results oriented and attentive to details.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, can multi-task, and work effectively in an unstructured environment.
Strong analysis background; proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must.
Programming and/or knowledge in: SQL, R, Python, SAS and other data mining programming tools.
Data cleaning, quality assurance and investigating potential issues with a variety of data sets.
Bilingualism in English and French, an asset.
Understanding of airline operations preferred.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.