Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great digital customer experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, digital is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well.
Air Canada seeks a highly motivated, detail orientated Scrum Master to join the Air Canada IT Customer Digital Enablement team. The ideal candidate is responsible for bringing together the business and technical aspects of any given solution. The successful individual must be customer journey centric and have a passion for the travel industry and have a passion for creating digital experiences and must be comfortable working in a high paced, high energy, collaborative environment with a focus on a continuous product delivery model.
- Lead the team on Agile/Scrum/Kanban best practices and values
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating key agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, planning, product demos and retrospectives
- Facilitate discussions between the team and the Product Owner to collaborate on creation and estimation of user stories
- Increase the team’s agile fluency through coaching the team to embrace and embed agile practices in their work
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication at all levels of Management
- Enable the team to become self-organized and empowered to consistently deliver on their sprint commitments
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Work closely with e-Commerce team to collaborate on successfully implementing Air Canada’s digital roadmap
Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of Scrum Master experience focused on digital products and overall 4+ years of experience in IT/Software development.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification an asset
Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices.
Experience with Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) is an asset
Outstanding facilitation skills, interpersonal skills, and experience working with multi-disciplinary team
Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
Experience with SDLC tools like JIRA, and Confluence an asset
Must have exceptional communication skills, organization, and time management skills
Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-vendor, and multi-team environments
Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position
Creative, resourceful, and innovative at tackling complex challenges and resolving problems
Airline or travel industry experience a plus, but not required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.