Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a Strategic Procurement Manager who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Knowledge Management (KM) team. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Strategic Procurement – Airside Services and Transportation & Logistics and will play a key role in leading and contributing to a broad range of sourcing events within this category. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor and take ownership in important sourcing projects for Air Canada as it recovers, focuses on improving customer service and looks for innovatives ways to reduce costs. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The Strategic Procurement Manager will work with the Manager, Strategic Procurement – Airside Services and Transportation & Logistics in leading sourcing projects related to the operations, domestically, transborder and international. Airside Services relate to operations at airports, including but no limited to; ground and cargo handling, de-icing operations and glycol recovery, ground support equipment. Transportation and Logistics focuses on freight (delivery, handling, audit, etc.), and similar to Airside Services, spans our passenger and cargo operations.
This individual will lead projects individually as well as support the Manager, Strategic Procurement in collaborating across cross-functional teams and delivering high quality services with a strong focus on value. The candidate will also bring a strong focus on revenue generation and customer-centricity through a variety of initiatives.
In this role, responsibilities will include conducting supply market research, building category/project baselines, establishing sourcing strategies, seeking proposals, conducting negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
Key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Lead and manage procurement events, independently or in collaboration with the Manager, Strategic Procurement:
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies
- Lead competitive bid and contract negotiations
- Design and implement category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as service, quality, and risk management
- Draft, execute contracts while working with different internal key stakeholders in reviewing the contract
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices:
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Develop models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Actively manage overall vendor relationships and performance:
- Ensure contracted services are provided
- Address operational issues escalating from internal customer
- Support operation by facilitating discussion between parties
- Supplier presentations to deliver the Air Canada service level feedback
- Act as tactful facilitator during problem resolution without compromising the business relationship
- Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada:
- Further develop SP relationships with internal customers through all engagements and current/potential service providers to Air Canada
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SPActively engage in learning Airside, Transportation & Logistics subject matter, negotiation best practices, Air Canada’s governance and business processes
- University degree in the relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finances) or professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Experience in the any of the fields of: procurement, passenger airlines, Airports / Airside services environment, supply chain and/or logistics are all of added benefit.
- Airport or cargo operational experience is an asset
- The ability to lead projects individually as well as work in a group environment
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may be required
- Completion of (or working towards) a designation in SCMA, ISM or other procurement designation is an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.