Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of the Enterprise Monitoring and Automation team is to provide a deep level of visibility and analysis capability for IT and business technology services. It also facilitates enterprise-wide solutions for monitoring, alerting & intelligence for applications and infrastructure.
This position will be reporting to Manager, Enterprise Monitoring & Automation.
This position may be located in Calgary, Montreal or Toronto.
- Architecture, design, documentation, and implementation of IT monitoring, alerting and logging
- Work closely with IT system/service owners to gather requirements and implement solutions within the Splunk Cloud and other available monitoring platforms
- Manage vendor relationships with various software vendors
- Develop, implement and maintain a sustainable indexing structure within the Splunk environment
- Be prescriptive with internal teams on how to use enterprise tools to advance their monitoring capabilities
- Act as technical lead on IT capital projects for monitoring and logging
- Assist in day-to-day operations in a medium-sized monitoring applications team
- Promote and facilitate the strategic goals of the larger Cybersecurity Operations & Systems department
- Guide technical direction and strategy for monitoring
- Lead requirements and analysis efforts to direct monitoring strategy
- Lead business case creation efforts
- Provide management with business/economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Consistently define and maintain methods, techniques and calculations to improve business/technical processes
- Stay up to date on current events in the monitoring, AI, automation and data analysis industry
- University degree in a technical field and/or Splunk Admin/architect certification
- 13-15 years of IT monitoring experience with Splunk and/or other monitoring tools
- Other IT infrastructure, application administration or Cybersecurity experience, an asset
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team, and to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.