Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role focuses on supporting our strategic priority of “Building an International Powerhouse” and optimizing revenue potential from the region with a particular focus on Joint Venture deliverables. A collaborative leadership style, with excellent presentation skills along with exceptional analytical ability, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail are vital to this role.
- Develop long range sales plan and identify new revenue streams to meet growth objectives.
- Develop and assess forward-looking scenarios to measure potential revenue for new and existing sales initiatives.
- Develop market insights and uncover causes of deviations by working closely with the centralized group (Analytics, Market Planning and Sales Programs team members), Sales HQ and local Sales team. Ensure to provide early warnings, communicate new market trends, provide analyses.
- Address, support and champion local gaps closing activities.
- Manage the local Alliance relationship, address issues, monitor progress and negotiate problem resolution.
- Represent AC in the Alliance Local Sales meetings, implement new JV strategic initiatives/ programs /projects to ensure maximized Sales.
- Work closely with key stakeholders (e.g., Revenue Management, Network Planning, Sales Planning, Marketing, and other business units) to ensure alignment of strategy and effort.
- Lead and engage the Sales team and interface with cross functional teams as required to ensure that key strategic revenue generating projects are successfully executed.
- Leverage the centralized database that tracks pricing actions performance, push actions, competitions activities, various incentives and monitor’s cost of sale, to push best practice on the markets.
- Act to ensure the developed sales strategy supporting the New Routes profitability /targets/KPI’s are achieved.
- Track industry developments and macro environmental changes to assess impact on Air Canada’s competitive position in the market ensuring appropriate strategies and response plans.
- Maintain the flow of communication at all levels. Be first and last point of contact on the any market gaps, trends and commercial issues.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new market segments that support incremental revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Managers and Directors in the understanding and evaluation of performance results and metrics.
- Guide and mentor team members.
- Gather data from a variety of internal and external sources to perform ad-hoc analyses on initiatives impacting Air Canada commercially.
- Participate in the establishment of a “Center of Excellence” within the region.
- University degree required with specialization in a business-related field (Management, Marketing, etc.) or other quantitative disciplines (Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent) preferred. Graduate studies are an asset.
- 5-7 years of work experience in airlines & consulting
- Strong understanding of the airline industry and airlines economics is required.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze complex data
- Ability to think in a logical, structured manner in solving problems
- Ability to motivate and engage people without direct authority
- Capable of structuring comprehensive, logical analysis with minimum supervision
- Ability to think outside of the box and develop flexible approaches to resolve complex issues
- Experience in supervising team members to complete work projects; develop cohesive analyses, translate and communicate data, and draw conclusions to develop recommendations
- Ability to work in a complex, quickly changing environment and to manage simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be a team leader /player and able to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible and able to travel
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.