Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the function of Senior Resource Planning Coordinator, supporting the Customer Service Manager Resource Planning at Toronto Cargo.
This position is responsible for planning, implementation, deployment and reporting of resources (Lead Customer Service Agents, Customer Service Agents, Lead Station Attendants and Station Attendants) at Toronto Cargo.
- Pre-plan staff levels and plan manpower requirements against operational requirements (optimizing costs).
- Develop daily staff rosters.
- Responsible for planning and backfilling all relief assignments
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes.
- Documentation & reporting of staff assignments for payroll purposes.
- Tracking and highlight of turnover dates of Term employees.
- Control of «time off» incurred with shift cycle changes, assignments ensuring appropriate payroll advice.
- Monitor and staff long term vacancies as required, plan absenteeism and return to work programs.
- Process requests from union office for union time clearances
- Maintain employee seniority lists due to retirements, resignations, transfers and terminations.
- Schedule all vacation and general holiday vacancies with allotted vacation relief staff.
- Develop IAMAW shift plans/patterns associated with major schedule changes
- Annually build new bid in ESS as per determined manpower requirements.
- Prepare all bid related documents for distribution to unionized employees.
- Coordinate with manpower manager all aspects of the shift, vacation and general holiday bid, approx. 4 weeks of bid time.
- EAS updates and archiving.
- Participate in disciplinary hearings and ensure preventative and/or corrective action is taken for time and attendance issues.
- Coordinate with Cargo Service Manager-Resource Planning all rehabilitation assignments and return to work schedules.
- Supervise the Mandatory compliance training IAM employees including scheduling training.
- Manages escalated employee pay concerns with third party provider
- Sound knowledge of Cargo operation
- Demonstrated planning & organizational skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; dealing effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to establish work priorities and perform under deadline pressures
- Must be able to work irregular hours and shifts including weekends
- Knowledge of the IAMAW Collective Agreement, a definite asset
- Computer literacy required in MS Office
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.