Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Contact Centres Operations, the Team Manager, Contact Centres is responsible for managing and developing a team of contact centre resources (Agents), and fostering a positive teamwork environment to ensure we consistently deliver department KPI’s and exceed our customers’ expectations.
This position plays a key role in supporting the Agents to achieve first call resolution through the matching and/or alignment of customer’s needs/want with the product/service offerings of Air Canada, and the accurate guidance/navigation of the assigned websites under the branch’s responsibilities. The incumbent will ensure that Agents develop an appropriate understanding of the assigned portfolio, programs, products and policies to effectively deliver in all situations, while addressing customer concerns with a customer-focused approach and adhere to commitments.
The individual in this role must be team oriented, having a strong customer focus and results driven with a creative approach to problem solving and new initiatives. This role will also require the incumbent to be entrepreneurial in decision making and creative in customer’s solutions to achieve consistent service excellence without compromising the operations and/or safety.
Development & Support
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of Agents to ensure key performance indicators are consistently achieved in terms of performance, revenues and customer satisfaction.
- Manage team performance metrics – celebrate/reinforce success and coach for development as required by conducting/having regular meetings with Agents to review score cards/performance, and providing on-going feedback
- Address quality assurance through call listening as required and mentor to retain desired performance levels
- Ensure Agents develop/maintain an enhanced understanding of the portfolio, programs, products and policies, and assist Agents with questions or issues
- On-going communication with Branch Shared Services support teams to ensure early identification and support of Agents requiring support
- Foster, monitor and establish a healthy sales environment and promote sales incentives
- Manage and foster a positive employee engagement with the brand through celebrating the success of individuals, teams, offices, department and branch efforts by handling team commendations, recognition and service awards.
- Review manage and coach Agents on waiver usage and investigate chargebacks to minimize financial exposure and integrity of programs that are intended to empower Agents in the delivery of best in class customer service.
- Manage Agents absenteeism and champion the desired results to deliver a high preforming team
- Responsible for creating a positive working environment by active listening, soliciting employee feedback and acting with integrity and respect
- Actively recognize growth potential in assigned employees and provide opportunities for career development
- Act as duty manager at designated times (possibility of on-call 24/7); maintain visibility at the podium, walk the floor
- Handle customer complaint escalations regarding team members and provide on-the-spot resolution for the customers
- Perform customer recovery activity on incidents being identified/assigned by internal departments to the Contact Centres for resolution
- Handle daily operational issues & projects received from other departments
- Liaise with Res Operations; monitor real-time adherence as required
- Work collaboratively with peers and other stakeholders to implement solutions to continuously improve the operation for our customers and employees
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific programs, initiatives or departments
- Effectively communicate and document workplace issues and complaints (as required), and work with Site Managers to address these issues
- Conduct all disciplinary hearings and/or investigations with team members
- Work in partnership with the union and attending regular meetings to promote a collaborative work environment
- Builds professional/productive relationships with the local Union-District/Vice-Chairs positions in the assigned offices
- Understand and operate in accordance with the collective agreement to which you are operating your business portfolio
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 – 4 years of customer service experience ideally within the travel industry (airline/travel agency) or within the hospitality or high-end consumer retail environment/industries
- Proven ability to problem-solve complex customer situations/concerns, handle customer escalations in a professional, helpful and caring manner
- Fluent in English and/or French (for YUL base EN/FR required), with strong written and verbal capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Continuous improvement mindset and able to bring forward recommendations (own and others), collecting data and implementing solutions
- Ability to have difficult, direct and transparent coaching conversations while maintaining a positive outlook with the employee
- Effective time manager with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment, and able to deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations
- Ability to work on rotation, days, evening and overnight, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills, engages and builds effective relationships with everyone across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals through influencing and partnering at all levels of the company
- Demonstrate ability to identify, recommend and champion change to maintain the highest level of productivity in conjunction with the department leadership
- The ability to communicate in one or more of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Portuguese, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Hindi, Punjabi and Turkish
- Experience working/managing a Unionized environment/workforce
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of airline commercial operations, contact centre operations, or related travel industry experience
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.