Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Graphic Designer is responsible to effectively and consistently deliver design solutions (inclusive but not limited to social media, product graphics, promotion creative, web pages, email, web banners, print) with high visual impact with the Creative Studio team at Air Canada.
The incumbent is a creative thinker and can manage multiple projects at a time from concept through to completion. He/she understands how to visually communicate the brand in storytelling and retail environments, the importance of attention to detail, and is extremely organized. While some projects may require the use of external resources, this role is expected to be hands-on.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Creative Studio team (including creative studio, lead other designers, copywriters, digital developers, and quality assurance manager) and external agency partners to ensure that output communicates desired message within marketing brief and brand guidelines
- Ensure the designs are aligned with usability and accessibility while ensuring use of emerging technologies and functionalities
- Produce the design for websites, social media, product graphics, rich and static banner ads, and email campaigns. Work with developers, content and digital asset management systems to ensure the proper implementation within the environment
- Adept at taking existing concepts that have been created and versioning or adapting them for the purpose of a specific request, application or campaign opportunity
- Provide design support to key internal stakeholders inclusive of producing graphics, resizing and reformatting material, and providing final files
- Editing graphics and photos using pixel or bitmap editing, airbrushing, masking or image retouching when required
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in similar position at a brand or creative agency
- Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related fields
- Proficient in a wide range of media formats and design software technologies (Google Studio, In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Strong knowledge of photo retouching techniques; removing backgrounds using clipping masks and solid ability to correctly interpret light, colour and texture; (must provide a portfolio of relevant examples as it relates to retouching)
- Experience in digital production/delivery tools, design-side platforms, and a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative tools, HTML 5 and digital asset management
- User experience and user interface design experience preferred
- Experience across multiple media formats and producing both dynamic and static assets
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Able to present concepts and be a team player to achieve the correct design solution
- Must be passionate about technology, design and communications
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.