Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Regulatory and Operations Engineering, the position is a key contributor to the implementation and sustainability of business processes at the Hub. This role focuses on effectively operationalizing processes within a complex supply chain organization and a strong Quality Management System. It will join teams tasked to reduce waste, drive standardization and foster employee engagement.
- Create and improve process flow charts and value stream maps.
- Prepare improvement events, workshops and training.
- Track and follow up on ongoing hub wide improvement activities.
- Provide support to the regulatory, business process design and procedures functions.
- Prepare presentations & reporting material for process demonstrations.
- Develop standards and structure for workshops, trainings, projects.
- Action improvement “wins” resulting from employee ideas.
- Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement projects with quantifiable operational improvements and financial benefits.
- Prepare summaries and reports on work activities & metrics.
- Engage with front-line employees and local leadership in the use, and value of continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred).
- Ground handling, warehousing and system integration an asset.
- Lean Six Sigma belt is an asset.
- Quality Management principles or ISO certification training is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations and Commercial Air Services.
- Standards an asset.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Process.
- Management, workshop facilitation.
- Results and action-oriented, tempered by an ability to manage the pace of change with empathy.
- Detail-oriented, precise, well-structured and organized.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for dealing with ambiguity.
- Capable of working effectively and enthusiastically as a team player.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Objective, open-minded and an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and other Microsoft.
- Office Applications.
- Experience with CAD drawing software like AutoCAD.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.