Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a temporary full-time position as a Buyer Analyst in Montreal.
Analyzing trends in material/service requirements; assist customers to forecast cost and to determine feasibility of planned programs.
- Assist with the development of sources of supply for material and services.
- Ability to analyze inventory data to action proper distribution.
- Participate in the negotiation of prices, including specifications with selected vendors. Solicit quotations; analyze bids, evaluate suppliers, prepare purchase orders.
- Participate in cost savings program.
- Purchase material, equipment, services in accordance with established corporate guidelines and signing authority.
- Enhance and redevelop existing specifications for services required by internal customers in order to prepare RFQ's by liaising with those departments and ensuring specifications are definitive and meet corporate legal and financial standards (includes collaboration with Law Branch, other airlines, or a third-party source, as applicable).
- Provide daily financial reports to department managers for preparation of Commitment Authorizations.
- Experience in tendering, bidding, negotiating and evaluating major service and material contracts would be an asset.
- Experience in procurement and repair of aircraft parts an asset.
- Strong analytical/statistical ability and familiarity with purchasing specifications.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written to interface with vendors and internal customers. Customer service oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis and flexibility with working hours.
- Requires strong leadership, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with PC and a high degree of computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Access.
- Team player with judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- University degree and/or Purchasing Management Accreditation an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.