Description Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is poised to take advantage of the technologies of the future to become the Artificial Intelligence employer of choice in Canada. We plan to be one of the most proactive and ambitious participants in AI Adoption in Canada by 2021.
Are you a visionary, ready to leap into the future? Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself a valued member of an industry-leading organization? Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As a Specialist in Artificial Intelligence at Air Canada, you will drive and support the evolution of the use of Artificial Intelligence solutions within the organization to satisfy the needs of agility and strategic business growth as well as model data to analyze and develop strategic insights that can help make effective decisions and drive growth of the organization. The Specialist, AI, will design and implement
We are looking to fill two positions. A specialist to drive AI Solution design who will be responsible for the design and implementation of a modernized platform, blueprint, framework and an adaptive/flexible set of processes in support of enterprise big data services and advance analytics ecosystem. The other specialist will drive complex AI systems integrations and be responsible for the integration of advance analytics environment in the cloud and design, develop and orchestrate data pipeline from ingestion to consumption/servicing layer.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Artificial Intelligence
- Lead business and technology analysis efforts
- Lead requirement and systems analysis efforts, including translating business requirements
- Participate on agile teams
- Lead business case creation efforts
- Lead Planning and monitoring processes for a particular functional area
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Define and maintain methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Establish domain expertise with hands-on integration of advanced analytics solutions
- Developing systems integration strategy for complex multi rack product solutions involving compute, network and storage technologies and ingredients across functional teams
- Develop technical relationships with different teams across architects
- Deliver complete AI platforms to Data Engineers and Data Scientists, to help them build their solutions on top of the platform
- Automate systems integration process
- Creates integration proof points and communicates them to internal and external audiences.
- Apply hands on expertise on designing and implementing advanced analytics environment in the cloud
- Work on complex AI solutions to design, develop and orchestrate data pipeline, from ingestion to consumption/servicing layer.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cloud architecture and migration efforts
- Deep knowledge of SQL, “Big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience working with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark is required.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes architecture is beneficial
- Experience in Devops pipeline and ability to automate installation and configuration
- Experience in data pipeline and workflow management tools, cloud services, and stream-processing system.
- Background in programming in Python, Scala, C, C++, Java is beneficial
- Experience working in AI startup environment or organizations with an agile culture
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Hands-on systems debugging skills to debug critical software, firmware and hardware issues
- Certifications in Cloud platforms, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, an asset
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.