Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, a 4-Star airline, is pursuing its goal to become a Global Champion. To achieve this, the In-Flight Service team is looking for a Cabin Crew Manager leader that will focus coaching and managing frontline ambassadors in the areas of customer service, operations, and safety.
By directly impacting the customer service experience, the Cabin Crew Manager will display strong leadership skills on the ground and onboard. The aim of this role is to develop and strengthen the leadership capabilities of cabin personnel.
- Anticipate employees’ and customers’ needs and be available for them;
- Act as a coach, motivate and engage our frontline ambassadors and the immediate team to build a positive and high performing group;
- Responsible for the administration and handling of disciplinary investigations and meetings with employees including investigations of issues and labour relations issues;
- Perform coach rides to achieve service consistency;
- Act as the point of contact on focus flights and act upon controllable issues on the spot;
- Serve as subject matter expert on specific routes and as primary interface/liaison between employees and company;
- Liaise with the IFS training and Customer Experience team to identify areas of training that requires more focus;
- Provide findings and possible recommendation to management in the areas of on-board service compliance, performance management, and continuous improvement.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety and operational standards;
- Assist on engaging frontline ambassador with corporate image compliance prior to boarding and onboard the aircraft;
- Responsible to brief departing cabin crew during on-board flight briefings and responsible to provide direction on product expectations and the corporate vision;
- Effectively communicate the rationale of company policies, procedures and products on board and during layovers. Act as a direct liaison between frontline ambassadors and the Customer Experience Team;
- Assist with irregular operations, STOC operations, any other operational contingencies set by Airports, government regulators, and Air Canada.
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching
- Successfully complete the Flight Attendant training program and maintain qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Intercultural competence and consciousness
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Strong knowledge of safety, service standards, and labor relations
- Competitive awareness
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Airline / hospitality experience an asset
- Fluency in English and French as a quantifiable asset or route language
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.