Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Senior Business Insights Analyst is primarily to support Manager, Business Insights in the exploration of operational and customer related data using visualizations and identifying potential data relationships in various datasets. The position will be responsible for integrating operational and customer data to conduct advanced modeling and analysis. The Senior Business Insights Analyst will provide statistical programming expertise and mentorship to the Business Insight team. The position also includes data mining, reporting, statistical modelling and forecasting for various operational and customer measures. The position will support branch and cross-functional strategies that require more in-depth analysis including, but not limited to, delay code design and management.
- Mentor Business Insight Analysts and support them in accomplishing their tasks and objectives.
- Evaluate, innovate, and recommend mathematical and statistical approaches to the improvement of current processes.
- Synthesize data, identify trends, produce statistical reports as driven by initiative-specific needs.
- Responsible for the design and queries for extracting information and metrics from data stored in various databases.
- Align with our IT partners, develop novel approaches to analytic tasks; automate current processes and reporting where data is involved.
- Utilize analysis best practices to evaluate business issues.
- Assist with business requirements; design of databases and queries, insight dashboards, KPIs, scorecards, reports. Collaborate with IT developers in developing powerful visualizations and reporting solutions.
- Create Monitoring plans to prevent data quality problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer of technical skills, report generation, data management, and analysis procedures.
- Subject Matter Expert in operational and customer data and support in various improvement initiatives.
- Present findings to appropriate value streams and teams as appropriate.
- Coach, champion and lead multi-discipline and/or cross-functional teams as required.
- University degree or college diploma in Statistics, Computer Science or related disciple.
- 2+ years’ experience working as a data / business insight analyst
- Experience using standard statistical software such as R, SAS or other data mining programming tools is required.
- Programming and/or knowledge in: SQL, Python.
- Strong analytical and applied logic skills.
- Creative problem solver who thinks strategically, is results oriented and attentive to details.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Ability to understand financial implication of operational decisions and develop cost-benefit studies.
- Bilingualism in English and French, an asset.
- Understanding of airline operations preferred.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.