Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for supporting Air Canada Express to ensure a consistent Air Canada brand travel experience and brand consistency in the delivery of the Air Canada schedule for the entire Air Canada Express family. Accountable for proactively identifying customer impacts in the Air Canada Express schedule and ensuring an opportunity to remedy transparent to the customer. Provide planning assistance, support and direction to minimize customer failures in the deployment of operational recovery initiatives. Serve as passenger advocate in the decision-making process.
- Serve as the focal subject matter expert (SME) in System Operations Control (SOC) on matters of Air Canada Express passenger movement.
- Establish Air Canada Express passenger movement priorities and ensure the Air Canada brand of passenger expectations are being met on all AC Express flying.
- Coordinate with Air Canada Express’ SOC to ensure shared passenger movement goals.
- Proactively escalate potential customer journey failures or customer service failures for resolution.
- Perform a lead role in flight diversion management. Ensure compliance with all passenger processes and successful communication of all operational requirements to recover diverted flights. Manage and support on an end to end basis, all requirements of passenger recovery for diverted flights. Confirm Air Canada diversion protocols are being followed.
- Review all potential amendments to the Air Canada Express schedule to ensure customer centric decisions and protection of mission critical flying e.g. 6th Freedom traffic, Group and VIP travel
- Coordinate with Air Canada Express and contracted ground handlers during irregular operations (IRROP) for recovery plans to ensure successful deployment of re-protection opportunities, airport processing and customer compensation.
- Ensure irregular operation alerts, recovery plans and operational summaries are communicated to all affected stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Air Canada’s Manager, System Operations Control, Manager, Passenger Movement and key parties in the Air Canada airline family, the operational response to significant irrop events that support a successful customer outcome.
- Perform flight audits to ensure flight forecasting is in adherence to Air Canada policy.
- Communicate and provide updates as required to Air Canada Corporate Communications, Customer Relations and Senior Management.
- Support Air Canada Express emergency response lock-out process
- Provide shift coverage as required for the Passenger Movement Mainline role.
- Customer Service driven
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to continually changing environment. Ability to adjust to changing priorities driven by operational /corporate requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under high pressure situations with a sense of urgency
- Proven leadership and people skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Strong operational background
- Ability to multi-task on a consistent basis
- Shift work required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.