Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is looking for a Paid Search Analyst to support the loyalty business as well Air Canada’s global portfolio. Joining the Air Canada Media Desk, the Analyst is responsible for ensuring overall strategies, day-to-day operations, and testing opportunities meet performance marketing KPIs. The individual will be a subject-matter expert in SEM, ready to support Air Canada and Aeroplan as a top advertiser in the travel vertical.
The Analyst will report directly to the Paid Search Lead and will support on strategy, planning, and execution to drive customer acquisition. This individual will be a digital expert, and will work cross-functionally with Marketing Communications, Media, Global Sales, E-Commerce and Loyalty teams. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in planning, executing, measuring, and optimizing marketing campaigns in Search Engine Marketing.
- Responsible for tactical strategy as well as tactical implementation for the loyalty business
- Manage and operate SEM marketing plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Liaise with marketing partners to report on campaign performance and progress
- Manage and optimize paid search marketing campaigns towards key KPIs
- Monitor day-to-day campaign performance, execute ongoing account health maintenance and provide recommendations for future campaign success
- Develop testing strategies in SEM channels for creative copy, tactics, and bidding strategies
- Provide regular performance updates to the SEM lead
- Employ QA best practice principles to ensure optimal performance
- Communicate and share results with local and global marketing managers, campaign managers, and executive management teams
- Evaluate opportunities for new tactics, beta opportunities, partnerships, or strategies
- Review and analyze data from web analytics platforms
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding the search strategy
- Data driven – leverage internal analytics in quantifying the impact of search demand generation as well as outreach initiatives and campaigns
- 2-3 years of SEM experience is mandatory, preferably managing retail/acquisition accounts
- Proven track record executing successful SEM marketing campaigns, either client or agency side
- Expert with various SEM bidding platforms including SA360 and Adobe Media Optimizer
- Expert with various search engine’s marketing platforms including Google Ads, Bing, Baidu, etc.
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Experience in A/B testing within the SEM channel
- Experience in SEO a strong benefit
- Experience with Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) is a strong benefit
- French bilingual is a strong benefit
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled in setting KPI’s and optimizing towards them.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.