Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the General Manager, IFS Operations Oversight, the incumbent provides In-Flight representation within the Station Operation Control Center to ensure that day of operation flights are in compliance with the safety, regulatory and onboard product delivery standards.
- Actively manage the operational performance of all in-flight service flight departures
- Act as the primary contact for the operational cycle on duty specific to the operational performance and focus
- Assist STOC Managers and coordinators to ensure On-Time Performance for day of flight operation.
- Receive calls from Service Directors with regard to deficiencies on board that require attention prior departure
- Liaise daily with Gate Gourmet to ensure onboard catering is to specifications
- Act as the primary point person within the STOC centre specific to all day of operational issues concerning in-flight service
- Keep the General Manager, IFS Operations Oversight informed of all irregularities and delays related to the day of operations
- Liaise daily with Crew Scheduling to locate missing and or misconnecting Flight Attendants, and to obtain critical flight information regarding crew legality issues
- Liaise daily with Canada Customs to obtain pre-clearance for Flight Attendants and Pilots who operate trans-border turns
- Liaise daily with airport bases for delay follow ups and gathering of information related to IFS operations
- With the overall knowledge of the day of flight operation, this position will assign gate support where required and will act as the primary point person
- Investigate delays assigned to In-flight and challenge when necessary with a focus on reversing delays unfairly assessed to in-flight
- Ensure IFS management is made aware of all performance or operational issues including those related to Category incidents or medical emergencies.
- Prepare and submit a daily shift synopsis of the operation and other operational reports as required
- Bring forth safety concerns relayed by the crew to the Manager, Safety YYZ or their delegate
- Be the primary person for trend analysis in regards to operational issues, safety issues and product issues
- Prepare daily report on operational performance for Director, Cabin Crew Bases
- High School Education
- Airline Experience
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills with an aptitude for precision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines, and without supervision.
- Good judgment, discretion, and decision-making ability
- Strong Computer Skills
- Knowledge of CUPE Collective Agreement, an asset
- Availability and flexibility must correspond to the work schedule as established by In-Flight Service base management and operational requirements, which are subject to change.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.