Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Licensed Aircraft Engineers are responsible for Line Maintenance as instructed by CSE, or delegate on Air Canada and Customer aircraft and should have the following skill sets:Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance
Hours of work
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools
- Individuals need to be ‘team players’ with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment
The position has a rotating shift pattern between 06:00h – 02:00h, subject to changes to accommodate any flight schedule changes.
- Hold a Transport Canada AME License or EASA B1/B2 license, mandatory minimum 2 years exercising privileges of EASA license.
- B767 (PW4000/CF6), A330 (RR Trent), B777 (GE90), B737 (Max), B787 (Gen X) approvals would be an advantage
- Experience in line maintenance is desirable
- Hold a valid UK/EU driving license (Mandatory)
- Self-starter with an ability to show initiative and to make independent decisions, especially in high pressured situations
- Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, information sheets and reports
- Pride in accuracy and good work presentation to the satisfaction of internal customers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to co-ordinate details to successful conclusion
- Be focused on safety and quality
- Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software, including Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to be on call and able to work shifts (including overtime), which may include nights, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom without restriction
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment physical and security clearance
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.