Description Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
In anticipation of future openings, Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Station Attendants to join our ground handling team at the Vancouver Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage or freight, or operating complex loading equipment, the Station Attendants play a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
Permanent full-time employment is 40 hours per week and permanent part-time employment can be scheduled for a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 32 hours per week. The current salary is $13.85/hr as per the collective agreement.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
- Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo and passenger baggage.
- On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage.
- Safely and efficiently handle all cargo/mail through our facilities
- Transfer cargo/mail to and from our aircrafts
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours- early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. (Shift Premiums will be paid as follows: Afternoon - $0.50 for each hour worked between 18:00 and 23:00. Midnight - $1.00 for each hour worked between 23:00 and 6:00.)
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Must pass forklift training and maintain forklift operator license
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Eligible to work in Canada. If you hold a work permit, it must be valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to attend a 2-4 weeks full time mandatory training.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.