Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Network Strategy Manager will assist in the development of medium and long-term fleet, network and commercial strategies. This role will support the reshaping of Air Canada’s network and fleet, driven by the narrowbody fleet renewal from Airbus A320 family to Boeing 737-MAX aircraft as well as the upcoming entry of Bombardier CSeries aircraft starting in late 2019.
The ideal candidate should possess commercial airline experience, have strong analytical skills, and demonstrate keen interest in the aviation sector.
- Produce benchmarking reports on the industry and other airlines which will be used to refine our network and fleet strategy.
- Support the commercial strategy team in the evaluation of profitability enhancement opportunities and strategies to improve and ensure maximum leverage of the network through building financial models to evaluate various schedule, fleet and network scenarios.
- Develop knowledge base and stay abreast of macro environment developments and competitive factors that impact the airline industry.
- Support the commercial strategy team in the production of the network planning side of budget and 3-year plan which are both updated on a yearly basis and used by different branches for planning purposes.
- Gather data from a variety of internal and external sources and perform ad-hoc analysis impacting Air Canada commercially.
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly financial reports and analyze our network performance. Recommend improvements to the flight profitability tool from a network planning perspective.
- Support financial evaluations of new routes and market opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Support the implementation of new databases that facilitate and improve the decision-making process.
- Prepare presentations for Air Canada leadership and various stakeholders throughout the company.
- Track and analyze competitors’ fleet plan capacity, alliances, network and schedules
- Understanding of the airline industry with expertise in Network Planning, Corporate Strategy, Finance, and/or Revenue Management preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in aircraft scheduling preferred;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze complex data
- Ability to think in a logical, structured manner in solving problems
- Capable of structuring comprehensive analysis
- Ability to think outside of the box and develop flexible approaches to resolve complex issues
- Ability to work in a complex, quickly changing environment and to manage simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be a team player Intermediate use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Access skill desirable
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken). French fluency an asset
- experience working in airlines, consulting, financial institutions or in a large corporation preferred
- University degree required with specialization in a business-related field (Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, etc.) or other quantitative disciplines (Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent) preferred. Graduate studies are an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.