Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to Director, Strategic Procurement, Catering and On Board Products, this position is responsible for A) Developing, Implementing and Controlling cross functional business processes related to the Product B) Operationalizing new contracts, C) the Day to day Management of the partner relationship, including financial accounts and delivery performance, and D) Coaching and mentoring the team.
- Manage the overall performance of the partner landscape to assure maximum value deliverance from the partner relationships
- Develop strategy based on partner segmentation, performance outcomes, and relationship and cost objectives
- Manage the operational aspect of partner contracts, which includes but is not limited to contract compliance management, dispute and resolution management, change order management, invoice alignment, Statements of Work & Work Orders alignment, and general contract oversight
- Review achievement of performance goals and objectives against partner contracts
- Provide subject matter expertise throughout the bid process and in collaboration with the Internal Customer and Strategic Procurement to ensure successful administration of bidding process
- Have strong cross-functional linkages to operational teams
- Ensure internal customers are fully informed of contract and procurement bidding policies and processes
- Develop and assist in the execution of effective negotiation strategies
- Schedule and conduct Internal & External Annual Contract Reviews, and develop Improvement Action Plan(s)
- Be the primary POC for Air Canada on all issues related to executed Agreements
- Develop analysis providing spend insight trends and opportunities
- Continually align SLAs, KPI’s and KRI’s with business strategy and operational execution
- Recommend performance improvement opportunities to partners and internal Service Owners
- Maintains effective relationships across the client and partner organizations and facilitates issue resolution
- Leads governance meetings and drives adherence to charters and standing agendas
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or contracts
- Accountable and responsible to own a specific delivery area, with teams having similar or uniform skill sets
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, and onboarding employees
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment including development of personal growth opportunities for reporting employees
- Communicate job expectations, monitoring, and appraising employee performance
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to employees
- Develop and enforce systems, policies, and procedures for employees
- Manage delivery quality by enforcing customer service standards
- Ensure adherence to professional and technical standards by reviewing and benchmarking to latest and practices
- 9-12 years of operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with a bias toward action
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of ambiguity
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada first and foremost
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and ability to lead and influence with or without formal authority
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver senior level reports and presentations
- Demonstrated capability to carry out, independently, technical projects or developments of high complexity to their successful completion within the budgeted time and cost, with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation.
- Familiar with Transport Canada Aviation regulations and norms.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.