Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The objectives of this role is two-fold: 1) deliver revenue targets from AC’s offline markets via the six appointed GSAs in SE Asia; 2) execute long term commercial developments in the local market.
It’s essential that the successful candidate possesses frontline sales experience in key customer segments of a long-haul travel market: Groups, Leisure, Corporate, MICE, OTAs, Consols, TMCs. S/he is experienced in managing suppliers/GSAs and understand the distinct challenges of offline selling. The ideal candidate will need to be a strategic planner and executor, persistent enough to make changes happen, and experienced in working with stakeholders across different departments at a head office level.
Offline Selling and GSA Management:
Strategic Local and Global Projects:
- Deliver the revenue targets for Air Canada’s offline Southeast Asia stations, namely Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
- Plan, delegate and execute the Air Canada Sales Strategy in conjunction with each GSA, especially to stabilize seasonal demand fluctuations in support of Air Canada’s online APAC routes.
- Manage 6 GSAs and be the first point of contact between GSA and Air Canada, for resolving inquiries, waivers, requests, refunds, complaints, VIP arrangements etc.
- Negotiate and administer contracts and commission schemes with each GSA principal, with the goal of lowering Air Canada’s cost of sale in Southeast Asia countries.
- Conduct a yearly GSA audit at each Southeast Asia station, ensuring due diligence and that standards are met according to Air Canada’s GSA manual.
- Review competitive information and fares to the Americas from Southeast Asia origins biweekly and escalate any fare and inventory issues with the respective Revenue Management counterpart.
- Monitor interline availability and flag reciprocity issues with partner airlines through AC Headquarters.
- Provide training, product updates, sales communications to GSA teams in a timely manner.
- Oversee the annual B2B trade marketing budget to ensure quantifiable KPIs and execute programs only with a sales-related call-to-action to maximise ROIs.
- Manage relationships with top wholesalers, TMCs, OTAs and travel agencies in Southeast Asia, including conducting sales calls as the face of AC.
- Drive and implement commercial changes and local sales projects (local relationships with tourism boards, IATA New Gen ISS etc.);
- Support the local implementation of global commercial projects (Altea PSS, ICPs, tourism boards, NDC, Payment solutions etc.)
- Act as the conduit between the head office's Sales Planning and Effectiveness team and local sales;
- Support JV selling of partner airlines, and overcome any local operational and commercial blockers with JV partners through escalation with AC Headquarters;
- Untap new revenue streams and explore opportunities from new, un-dealt customer segments (SMEs, HNWIs, associations etc.). Champion a strategic roadmap for these new leads and segments;
- Facilitate best practice amongst account managers, challenge existing practices, and implement strategies in each sales segment (wholesale/leisure/corporate);
- Reform local sales processes, and embed Sales Force Effectiveness principles
- Roll out CRM Management locally with the aid of Sales Force and other systems;
: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED
BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- Previous frontline sales experience in the long haul travel market essential
- Excellent written and spoken English & Cantonese are essential
- Supplier management
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Strategic and innovative
- Think long term and drive long term, sustainable improvement to the business
- Experience of project management at a head office level
- Stakeholders management
Bilingual (English and Cantonese)
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.