Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is looking for Contract Instructors to facilitate training within our Flight Operations training department. Successful applicants could be chosen for any of the following roles:
- Aircraft type ground school instructor,
- Aircraft type simulator instructor,
- Classroom facilitator for other Flight Operations training courses.
Positions are currently available in both Toronto and Vancouver. Some travel may be required.
- Instruct Air Canada new hire pilots and existing line pilots in aircraft systems, performance, general subjects, and basic indoctrination.
- Conduct task and line oriented training in Ground School, Full Flight Simulator and Integrated Procedures Trainer for Air Canada line pilots.
- Conduct training event(s) by adhering to the approved training curriculum and ensure pilots are trained to the highest standard.
- Provide instruction and certify completion of modules within the flight training segment of the Air Canada Qualification and Continuing Qualification curricula.
- Assist the Flight Ops and Training Department in researching, evaluating, and implementing new or revised training systems, policies, and procedures.
- Give briefings on various subjects relating to operation of Air Canada aircraft in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Master operation of various aircraft components and instruments, as well as techniques for controlling aircraft during normal and abnormal maneuvers.
- Observe pilots’ actions during training modules to ensure assimilation of classroom instruction and to comply with CARs.
- Evaluate pilots’ progress using approved qualification standards and grading criteria.
- Provide administrative/technical support for projects as assigned by Flight Ops Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor that reflects positively upon Air Canada.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word, with the ability to learn other programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Hold, or have held, Airline Transport Pilot license.
- Ability to successfully complete Air Canada’s Initial Pilot Training Program and specific aircraft type training program.
- Recent experience as a ground school instructor, flight instructor, line indoctrination Captain or check pilot would be an asset.
- A university degree or aviation college diploma would be an asset.
- Experience on a current fleet type operated by Air Canada would be an asset.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.