Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The incumbent will report to the Corporate Services Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for budget requirements (revenues and costs) and the overall management of Food Services and Catering, including regular and event catering for Corporate Services (YUL, YYZ, YWG and YVR facilities), miscellaneous expenses, food and beverages. The incumbent will also be responsible for overseeing the management of suppliers as well as the services offered to various internal and external users, suppliers and government agencies, and for providing advice on operations.
- Maintain relationships with food services and catering suppliers to ensure effective communication, provide follow-up and promote collaboration. Provide feedback and recommendations to managers to improve relationships, services and operations.
- Ensure that suppliers comply with Corporate Services’ requirements and contractual obligations (main performance indicators, service level agreements and hierarchical recourse) and keep abreast of all operational aspects related to managing Food Services and Catering.
- Oversee and supervise all contracts entered into with third parties, in collaboration with main suppliers.
- Ensure the promotion and application of all health, safety and environmental regulations and practices within Corporate Services.
- Verify and approve equipment purchase orders and service contracts.
- Assess and implement cost control measures to manage investment plans and operational plans.
- Help establish budgets for new service management projects, in collaboration with Corporate Real Estate project managers, customers and the Maintenance team.
- Interpret vendors’ financial reports and make recommendations.
- Conduct regional unit management audits to ensure compliance with government and accreditation bodies’ regulations and standards, plan improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity, and ensure the compliance and quality of services.
- Observe the condition of facilities when visiting establishments for quality control purposes, investigate complaints regarding unit operations and provide satisfactory solutions.
- Conduct and monitor customer satisfaction surveys.
- Manage suppliers and oversee activities related to various service arrangements with food and catering service providers.
- Define a scope of application, develop a strategy and implement proactive solutions to achieve corporate objectives.
- Define and implement team negotiation strategies in collaboration with Strategic Purchasing for various service providers.
- Ensure the annual operating budget for Food Services is prepared and followed.
- Seek synergies between internal clients and food service providers to maximize contractual benefits and strengthen partnerships.
- Develop and implement Food Services promotional strategies with internal clients.
- Maintain practical knowledge of legal, financial and work-related policies and issues that affect all of Corporate Services’ areas of activity.
- Direct daily Cafeteria and Catering operations and ensure compliance with service and quality standards.
- Be on the lookout for new food and catering trends.
- Organize weekly Food Services and Catering meetings.
- Ensure compliance with service standards by constantly improving the quality of products and services while increasing volume and customer satisfaction.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, or any other relevant field or experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience relevant to the position.
- Proven ability to identify and analyze problems, find solutions and make good decisions.
- Significant experience managing and supervising several food services and catering units.
- Ability to work independently, set objectives, develop work plans, develop processes and set deadlines for a multi-purpose support services division.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to prepare detailed and precise operating reports, letters, communications, emails and procedures, as well as detailed and precise operating instructions.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Negotiating skills to be part of a contractual negotiation team and exercise influence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.