Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada Cargo is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to transform our maintenance and reliability operations. This position is responsible for the overall management and implementation of our maintenance and reliability program with our strategic partners. In this role, you will drive strategic decisions for the business with the outcome of improving overall reliability and asset effectiveness. This role is responsible for managing our strategic maintenance partners and associated teams. This position reports to the Senior Director, Global Operations – Cargo.
- Develop and implement an asset maintenance plan for Material Handling Systems MHS that includes: Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance planning and scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques and other best practices.
- Collect and analyze data to identify opportunities to continuously improve maintenance practices.
- Develop and implement improvements, establish, monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop equipment performance standards, including condition reports verifying operating procedures, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), spare parts availability and other practices supporting maintenance and reliability excellence.
- Identify improvement opportunities and lead teams to action improvements.
- Manage maintenance teams and vendors including performance management, drive employee engagement strategies to produce a positive culture.
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities to drive the improvement of asset reliability and the performance of the maintenance team and vendors.
- Drive operational excellence in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Lead the planning and budgeting process.
- Manage spare parts strategy including a selection of appropriate spare part management programs and target inventory levels.
- Ensure fulfillment of agreed level of equipment reliability and availability.
- Proactively work to reduce safety risks while creating a safety-first culture.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations on capital projects.
- Participate and lead MHS projects within the organization.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Drive and promote safety culture within portfolio including subcontractors, suppliers, and visitors.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent required.
- 8-10 years of experience managing teams, budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem-solving, and client/ customer relations.
- Must have a solid knowledge of building/ mechanical, electrical systems.
- Prefer experience managing teams in an industrial environment containing automated handling systems.
- Demonstrated communication skills both written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Office * Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to align, motivate and lead a team including creating accountability.
- Relevant training in MHS, Controls Systems, as well as general building operations.
- Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects.
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making.
- Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and a drive for results.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- A team player and proven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude.
- Leadership of diverse teams of maintenance experts and vendor partners.
- Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.