Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Ensure all caterers and suppliers comply with Air Canada specifications and standards. Provide all necessary guidance, equipment and supplies to caterers. Responsible for caterers on time performance within the designated territory. Responsible for all aspects of food, equipment and employee safety within scope of job.
- Responsible to monitor and follow up with quality audit programs to ensure optimum product quality, provisioning integrity and value for money.
- Responsible and accountable for catering and commissary product quality and for provisioning integrity on all flights operating in the designated territory, including products or services from third party suppliers.
- Implement and monitor Commissary & Catering specifications established by headquarters.
- Audit Caterers’ compliance and performance against "zero defects" provisioning integrity.
The Internal Customer
- Maintain close contact with the appointed Caterer through start-up and beyond, providing varying levels of support as required.
- Maintain close association with frontline product and Caterer performance by ensuring adequate time airside at flight arrivals and departures.
- Responsible to investigate and assess root cause of any delays allocated to Catering/Galley delays. Provide pro-active solutions to Caterers to prevent recurrences. Responsible to challenge Catering/Galley delays incorrectly assigned.
- Work closely with the rest of Air Canada Catering team (Planning/Scheduling/Galley/Supply Chain, etc.)
- Maintain effective relationship with Air Canada Station Managers and/or appointed airport agencies as is necessary to support the Corporate commercial/operational objectives of this division.
- Responsible to ensure Caterer's compliance to all Air Canada SOPs, safety and quality standards (incl. food).
- University degree helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of commercial airline business.
- A definite multi-tasker that manages various operational issues and priorities at the same time.
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines whether independently or within a team.
- Self motivated, proactive with drive to deliver results.
- Analytical and problem solving skills a must.
- Fundamental knowledge of HAACP and International Food Handling Standards.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required with complete fluency in English.
- Cultural awareness required to build business and working relationships in various geographic locations within AC network.
- Requires knowledge of the field of work, incl. equipment, technology and procedures.
- Knowledge of airport operations and all catering systems.
- Shift work required including weekends and statutory holidays
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.