Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Management Science & Technology Strategy, the Manager of Revenue Management Science & Innovation leads the science and business governance of Air Canada’s key revenue management systems in accordance with the airline’s business model. The role leads the review, development, selection, adaption post-deployment business support of future innovations. The RM Manager Science acts as the resident expert on revenue management science providing guidance and decision support to realize the full revenue potential of Air Canada’s Revenue Management technologies.
Develop Air Canada’s knowledge and systems:
Ensure the good health of our Revenue Management environment:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of RM system (OD3), models & data, transfer this knowledge to various types of audiences with the appropriate level of complexity.
- Contribute to the development of a robust revenue management environment roadmap leveraging recent changes in the industry regulation and new technology. This includes willingness to pay forecasting, dynamic pricing and offer optimization.
- Lead the planning, testing and deployment of new releases for the Revenue Management system, coordinating with all the stakeholders internal and external.
- Closely collaborate with the Revenue Management branch and Air Canada as a whole to shape the development and adoption of new revenue management, functionalities, systems and processes.
- Represent Air Canada in Industry forums focused on Revenue Management.
Lead the support of multiple market teams:
- Act as custodian of the health and rightful utilization of Air Canada’s Revenue Management system to insure the network is balanced and optimized.
- Be responsible for the science sign-off on availability calculations and the business alignment of OD3 & RTDP.
- Support the implementation of new availability features and systems.
- Liaise with the Air Canada’s technical teams, as well as with systems providers to insure the performance of our Revenue Management environment.
- Govern and constantly improve the main business parameters governing our Revenue Management systems.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers in the other commercial departments to create a more integrated approach to revenue generation.
- Guide revenue analysis for the RM branch in order to identify trends, assess strategies to improve revenue, understand market dynamics and customer price sensitivity.
- Provide scientifically-founded guidance and recommendations to Revenue Optimization and the business teams to achieve and exceed the branch’s revenue objectives.
- Oversee the pro-active monitoring of forecast trends, identifying issues, recommending calibration and corrective measures if needed.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the team of RM Analysis, Science & Innovation Managers to insure optimal calibration of parameters with the current and future RM tools, as well as to coordinate in depth performance. measurement, calibration and analysis support to the business teams.
- Promote a culture of empiricism and systematic knowledge documentation and transmission to ensure the redundancy of key know-hows within the team.
- Proven experience in airline Origin-Destination revenue management with in-depth understanding of mathematical models and algorithms at the base of revenue optimization.
- Solid business/commercial orientation and experience as well as a deep understanding of the airline industry competitive environment.
- Graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Operations Research.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Superior analytical skills and a high degree of comfort with complex and large datasets (SQL, R, Python considered an asset).
- Strong leadership skills with high ability to lead and influence people across different teams and hierarchical levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French an asset.
- Ability to efficiently communicate at different corporate levels by translating complex concepts into understandable language.
- Self-starter, and ability to work under pressure, changing priorities and tight deadlines with limited supervision.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.