Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To support the accurate and timely payment of monies owing to Air Canada employees while protecting company interests and employee confidentiality.
- Perform complex, specialized payroll functions in accordance with clearly defined procedures
- Prepare correspondence via email or letter to internal and external customers
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepare reports/remittances by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and other payroll related items.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Completion of the CPA’s Payroll Compliance Legislation and Payroll Fundamentals 1 courses and actively pursuing PCP or CPM payroll certification.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to not just multitask but to also anticipate process before directed to do so
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize duties and use good judgement
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HR/Payroll will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with PC software Excel, Word and email.
- Bilingual an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.