Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Customer Analytics Analyst will be responsible for the development of descriptive, diagnostic, prescriptive and predictive analytics & insights in-support of Air Canada’s loyalty marketing and CRM programs, reporting to the Manager – Customer Analytics.
- Develop customer signals that will have a direct and measurable impact on business decisions and marketing actions through profiling, segmentation, smart analytics and advanced analytic engines
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders understanding key business issues and proactively providing thought leadership, insight guidance and subject matter expertise
- Drive innovation throughout the insights process by proactively seeking out new, innovative and agile analytics techniques
- Develop data requirements and measurement plans that accurately measure the success of CRM initiatives, execute on these plans and present effectively to key stakeholders – this involves supporting design, execution and post campaign analysis
- Responsible for overall project management including timelines, providing cross-functional stakeholder updates and getting alignment at key decision points
- Develop a deep understanding of Air Canada’s data assets and identify opportunities for improvements and development
- Integrate data from various customer interaction and transactional sources to develop deep analytical and actionable customer insights
- Solve challenging business problems by using advanced analytical techniques
- Support on-going market research to generate direct customer feedback. Interpret market research, linking transactional and survey data to better understand the customer and drive meaningful action
- Participate in the development of business cases for the adoption of new data sources and in user acceptance tests for their implementation
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all analytics output
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, applied statistics, BI, econometrics, computer science, operations research, etc.) is required. Strong business acumen is essential
- Experience using data to solve business problems leveraging advanced statistical analytics like regression-based predictive modeling, segmentation, cluster analysis, decision trees, etc.
- Experience in CRM/Loyalty programs preferred
- Fluency in at least two of the following languages: SAS, SQL, R, or Python, and familiar with cloud environments
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools, PowerBI is an asset
- Working knowledge of Databricks or other analytics platforms
- Ability to draw conclusions and use critical thinking to validate outputs
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Good client liaison skills – able to work collaboratively and in partnership to deliver high quality data solutions
- Passionate about the execution of ideas and strong attention to detail
- A high aptitude for problem solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behavior / business performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interpret and present results professionally
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.