Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Avionics Engineering, this position is responsible to lead the IFEC software development initiatives and establish the strategy and plan for successful delivery. The incumbent will engage vendors to meet all the requirements from Air Canada’s internal customers, support the engineering team to track any in-service issues, and establish a solid bug fixing plan for vendors to meet.
- Responsible to lead all software development initiatives related to (but not limited to) In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity systems across all fleet types in Air Canada.
- Manage all requirements from the IFEC Product Design & Analysis Team leading to the development of software for passenger onboard experience enhancement.
- Engage all IFEC vendors to deliver software development, reliability improvement and performance enhancement. Setup deliverable priorities, schedules and plans to be followed by vendors.
- Develop business cases for software upgrades, bug fixes or functionality enhancements, and apply for required funding while ensuring costs are managed.
- Support the IFEC software product design from an ACM engineering and maintenance perspective by overseeing the development of the IFEC contract.
- Coordinate with IFEC Product Design & Analysis and Strategic Purchasing team to manage all the contracted software deliverables on time from all IFEC vendors.
- Monitor all the in-service IFEC software performance, manage the priorities and coordinate with vendors to get any issues resolved in timely manner.
- Manage the software development for all line fit IFEC programs, support engineers to track software issues and establish a solid delivery plan to be met by vendors.
- Accountable to provide support to guarantee successful entry into service and development of the IFEC software program and ensure all software features along with the line fit IFEC products are delivered on time and on budget.
- Accountable to be a liaison among various Air Canada branches in order to properly establish the requirements for IFEC software development.
- Manage all the tooling and software used for IFEC system across all fleet types in Air Canada, and responsible for keeping all the tooling serviceable and software up to date.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to apply best industry practices and provide direction and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in program management
- Knowledge in resources management, financial planning and program tracking.
- Knowledge in aircraft engineering/software, certification and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge in In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity system.
- Strong background in managing suppliers and tracking program progress according to schedule
- Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Ability to develop and write clear, concise program schedules, presentations and executive summaries.
- Pride in accuracy and good work presentation to the satisfaction of internal customers.
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision with good decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to co-ordinate details to successful conclusion.
- Willingness to be on call and to work additional time when required
- Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software as well as MS Project
- Availability to travel overseas when required for training, industry meetings, etc.
- Must be clear of any restrictions which will prevent entry into other countries.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.