Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Interfaces with Air Canada business groups, primarily Safety, to identify and prioritize business requirements for IT
- Align Safety team’s business priorities with IT service delivery
- Identify IT risks, communicate and develop “best practice” solutions, and implement mitigating controls consistent with company strategy
- Plan, coordinate and oversee activities related to the design, development and integration of information systems, operations systems and reporting systems in a business or security or risk context
- Introduce new processes and technologies and ensure that gaps in the aforementioned items are identified and addressed ahead of time,
- Implement and manage governance around business partner/security management both internally and externally
- Work with the vendor’s teams (business and technical) to establish and review policies and IT direction
- Perform project reviews to ensure that they align to Air Canada’s business/ information security requirements
- Ensure that the company’s internal technological processes and services comply with community expectations, laws, and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility
- Represent the organization and take an active participation on different IT business or security airline specific forums
- Supporting the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio
- Responsible to provide technology or services ownership direction across functional areas, including matters related to specialized or niche technologies
- Keep abreast with the latest technology initiatives, implementations and capabilities related to the Air Canada environment
- Collaborate with peers and team to achieve the IT strategic plan
- 13-15 years of IT technology, operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company
- Certifications in business analytics, PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis), CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Strong understanding of SIMS and safety reporting; expertise to support safety work regarding the identification, analysis, and risk assessment of safety issues, hazards, incidents and threats; and an understanding of FDA and its outputs.
- Strong analytical capabilities are essential.
- In depth knowledge of Transport Canada regulations and standards; foreign regulatory agency regulations and requirements (e.g., FARs, JAR-Ops); International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards, Recommended Practices and Applicable Annexes; International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operation Investigative Techniques and approved practices; Air Canada corporate technical, policy and standard operating procedures; and Star Alliance Best Practices
- Continually maintain a high level of professional proficiency and knowledge of all CSEQ related matters, associated regulations, technologies and developments
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, and understanding of aviation statistical analysis.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.