Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada sponsors 8 defined benefit pension plans. The plans' assets are managed by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air Canada and are held in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $20B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The investment team of 60 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Director, Asset Allocation, the incumbent will assist in ensuring that the long-term asset allocation of the Pension Plans is appropriate to meet return objectives, while considering the actuarial liabilities of the Plans. The Analyst will also contribute to the portfolio construction process of the different portfolios.
- Assist in the establishment of the mid-term and long-term investment strategy of the Total Fund, economic projections and scenarios analysis
- Assist in the asset/liability management of the Pension Plans
- Participate in the revision of the Statement of Investment Policies and Objectives and other governance documents
- Contribute to the quarterly rebalancing of the Total Fund
- Participate in the preparation of presentations to various committees, clients and prospects
- Assist in the establishment and monitoring of the active risk budget of the Pension Fund and various specialized funds
- Contribute to the production of reports and the elaboration of tools and processes facilitating portfolio monitoring
- Prepare weekly portfolio construction reporting for the Investment Committee
- Analyze portfolio positioning and recommend, if needed, transactions to rebalance or optimize portfolios or strategies
- Participate in the research of various investment strategies (pre-trade and post-trade analysis)
- Develop and expand research on risk budgeting and portfolio construction
- Maintain close ties with various stakeholders, including traders, portfolio managers, risk team and the investment operations team
- May be asked from time to time to present results to various internal and external committees
- All other tasks required by the position
- University graduate degree in actuarial science, finance, economics or other related field
- Actuarial professional designation
- CFA and/or FRM, an asset
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent presentation skills and superior ability to prepare concise reports and presentations
- Good knowledge of the investment strategies in all asset classes
- Good understanding of pension asset and liability modeling
- At ease at manipulating and understanding sophisticated investment and risk models
- Strong skills in MS Office applications and Bloomberg
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VBA, SQL, Python, an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both French and English
- Rigorous, disciplined and well organized (efficient, high quality, well structured work)
- Strong analytical skills, capacity to learn and intellectual curiosity
- Team player
- Autonomous and dynamic
The position is based in downtown Montreal
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.