Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Managing Director, CRM, Customer Analytics and Digital Optimization, the Director of Customer Data and Governance will provide critical leadership to a strategically important area at Air Canada. The Director will set, drive and deliver on the customer data strategy in concert with the Analytics, CRM and IT Data Management teams. Successful candidates will have first-hand experience leveraging complex data sets to deliver operational and marketing value; have a solid understanding of current and emerging analytical modeling, programming languages and data environments. They will also possess strong leadership skills to achieve results in collaboration with cross-function teams.
- Set and evolve our customer data strategy in consultation with Analytics and CRM teams
- Work in partnership with IT to plan and prioritize production of data assets
- Develop analytical data assets, including analytic models to support future aspirations
- Build, maintain and promote the customer data and analytics product catalogue
- Continuously monitor and proactively enhance the quality of our customer data assets
- Business ownership of Customer Data & Analytics environment, current and future
- Optimize, standardize and automate recurring Analytics processes and deployment of predictive models developed by Analytics
- Establish center of excellence for Customer data, set best practices and support adoption of new tools and new data products
- Establish Customer Data Governance processes and policies for the Loyalty branch in collaboration with IT counterpart
Oversee two teams
- Data and analytics governance
- Responsible for the management and optimization of existing Customer Data and Analytics products – includes customer data and analytics processes, codes and models.
- Lead governance and provide data stewardship in accordance with Air Canada data governance practices. Collaborate with IT, Data Management and broader Analytics teams.
- Customer data asset development
- Responsible for the development of new data assets and proactive enhancements.
- Provide end-to-end data pipeline implementation of consumable data assets.
- Bachelor degree or more in computer science, mathematics or related discipline
- 10+ years of related experience
- Deep understanding of commercial/analytical use cases required to be supported by data and data models
- Knowledge of current and emerging data techniques withing big data analytics environments
- Experienced leadership to manage competing priorities and influence stakeholders across commercial and technical groups
- Strong communicator with an acute ability to bridge business strategy with technical know-how
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, as well as business acumen and sound judgment
- Structured, big-picture thinker who can clearly articulate ideas
- Independent self-starter and leader with a can-do attitude
- Dual experience in both IT and analytics roles an asset
- Ability to communicate in French, an asset
- Occasional travel required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.