Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a paralegal specialist with at least three (3) years of relevant experience to join our dynamic legal team in Montreal. The selected candidate will provide paralegal support on a wide range of commercial matters including but not limited to: contracts, registrations, and trademark research and filings. The selected candidate will be one who is a dynamic team player, as collaboration is an essential aspect of the job.
The successful candidate will need to have strong organizational skills and possess meaningful experience as a commercial or transactional paralegal as well as a good understanding of corporate and commercial matters. The person will be called upon to perform with lawyer oversight, among others, the following tasks:
- Maintain and update existing Air Canada templates, databases and records;
- Prepare first drafts of contracts and other documentation on the basis of an existing Air Canada template;
- Review contracts against Air Canada templates or other standard forms;
- Manage and update the Air Canada Legal Department’s website information and pages;
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties in connection with transactions;
- Provide accurate support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, including sensitive and confidential correspondence;
- Perform and/or review contest registrations with the Régie des Alcools, des courses et des jeux;
- Participate in the review and approval of powers of attorneys, in accordance with established criteria;
- Perform legal research;
- Perform additional functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively in a context of regular change, shifting priorities, and conflicting demands, to embrace new ideas and to adjust to a variety of situations and individuals;
- Solid research and analytical skills, to identify, define and assess all relevant factors and weight alternative courses of action, and sound judgment in fast paced environment;
- Capacity to work under pressure, displaying composure in sensitive situations;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to develop strong co-operative relationships;
- Inclination to take initiative (“ownership”) and be proactive and to offer to assist and support co-workers;
- Resourcefulness to prevent problems, and ability to handle work independently, taking responsibility for own actions;
- Tenacity, energy and resilience to persevere towards goals despite challenges and obstacles, maintaining enthusiasm and drive through to attainment of objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Integrity (including a strong work ethic, discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information, dedication to follow through on commitments, and openness and honesty in communications as well as a respectful demeanour) is assumed.
- Knowledge of the airline industry is an asset.
- A successful candidate will be one who takes pride in his or her role as a representative of the Best Airline in North America.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.