Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will provide functional strategic direction to the Toronto teams, which consist of the following staff:
- Property Manager, Toronto
- Facility Manager, Toronto
- Facilities Services Specialist
- Contracted Property Managers, for various properties outside the hangar base
- Unionized Technical Staff, working directly for the Facility Manager
- Unionized Administrative Staff, working directly for the Property Manager, and the Manager, Property Management
To provide professional Property Management services to Air Canada owned, leased, and operated assets in Toronto. The portfolio consists of real estate, hangars, office buildings and shop/utility buildings, and training facilities in Toronto. The services include managing this portfolio on behalf of the corporation, ensuring asset values are retained and/or enhanced with an objective of meeting or exceeding the industry standard services and providing a safe and reliable work environment for multiple users to ensure business continuity. Third party Vendor Management to adhere and follow contractual obligations and be up to date with all operational aspects of Facility Management.
- Provide management direction to Managers and support staff, ensuring facilities are properly maintained and efficiently operated at the Toronto sites
- Specify, select and manage personnel to provide suitable maintenance and repair to the facilities, as well as appropriate services to the tenants
- Prepare and manage the Toronto operating budget with the objective of optimizing the cost of facilities maintenance and operations without compromising asset value or operational integrity
- Prepare and manage capital plans and prepare relevant cost/benefit and risk analyses. Implement required capital investments to protect long-term value of facilities and equipment
- Streamline management, administrative and technical functions to improve employee productivity and performance
- Develop consistency within operations, maintenance programs and policies implemented in facilities for Toronto with those of the other Regional Manager
- Oversees and manage space planning and design, including revision of office layouts, acquisition and disposition of space, and re-allocation of assets
- Develop short and long term strategies and initiatives to reduce operational risk, maintain asset value and support corporate goals
- Prepare and provide reporting to Senior Management or other Air Canada departments, as required.
- Review and/or develop policies and standards related to property management and ensure compliance with such standards by implementing procedures and controls
- Develop and manage services and systems that ensure fire safety, life safety, and security for all tenants, by complying with all aspects of legislative and statutory requirements (i.e. Building code, Fire code and Labour and Environmental codes). Ensure a safe working environment, and that safe practices are followed
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all agencies having jurisdiction at the Toronto sites
- At least 5 years direct experience of mixed property management, preferably in a passenger airline environment
- Designation/Accreditation – RPA, FMA etc. would be an asset
- Knowledge of building construction and systems, codes and standards
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of corporate financial process related to budgeting and financial reporting
- Competent PC skills using Microsoft Office, and familiarity with property management software (i.e. AutoCAD, BAS, CMMS)
- Proven ability to work on various tasks simultaneously, setting and adjusting priorities while ensuring a high level of productivity, performance and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal; communication and customer service skills, oral and written
- High degree of diplomacy, confidentiality, tact and judgment
- Strong negotiations skills; must be a team player with excellent grasp of organizational and cultural change management
- Proven track record of fostering and building relationships
- Knowledge of office layout concepts, design, and corporate fitment practices and standards
- Occasional travel is required
- Experience in a Unionized environment
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.