Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position reports to the Senior Financial Analysis Manager and is based in Montreal (YUL).
- Provide financial support, guidance and counsel to the Air Canada Labour Relations (LR) Department, regarding interpretation and application of financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Develop complex financial models and act as Finance representative in support of senior management in key decisions related to labour negotiations
- Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
- Assist Labour Relations in the development of the labour negotiation strategies aligned with the Corporation overall financial plan.
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process (i.e., Plan/Budget/Implement/Measure and Evaluate/Adjust) – this includes but is not limited to developing benchmarking analysis, measuring business unit productivity and making recommendation to bridge the gap.
- Provide Labour Relations with financial assistance in resolving grievances and arbitration matters.
- Participate in labour negotiations in support to the Senior Financial Analysis Manager.
- Perform financial evaluations with respect to labour expenses as a result of the collective agreement.
- Conduct post audits of major labour concessions implemented by the branches and make recommendations.
- Perform cost and value comparisons using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output.
- Develop and maintain a general knowledge of activities/issues/trends pertaining to the airline industry domestically and internationally.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Undergraduate degree in Finance with 2 years of relevant experience
- Graduate studies (MBA or Masters in Finance/Economics) and/ or an accounting designation (CMA/CGA /CFA) would be a definite asset
- Flexible work schedule and ability to handle numerous and varied projects simultaneously.
- Keen interest and experience in the airline industry
- Very strong business and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of cost accounting principles, financial evaluation techniques and statistical analysis
- Strong sense of initiative and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to shift priorities and work under pressure
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office. In particular, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Programming skills (VBA, SQL, Matlab, Lingo, C++) would be a definite asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.