Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Financial Analysis and Strategic Initiatives will have the follow responsibilities;
- Act a strategic partner to the branch executives on all matters as they pertain to financial analysis.
- Provide financial leadership and support to Air Canada branches with regards to Labour negotiations and union issues as well as the delivery of multiple complex projects or portfolios.
- Develop and implement Financial Performance Indicators for better understanding of the cause and effect relationship of costs and to assure the efficiency and the performance of the branch.
- Deliver value added service to internal customers by identifying, and evaluating profitability enhancing opportunities and strategies, internal process changes and new cost savings opportunities.
- Working with senior management and/ or executive teams, develop and recommend financial goals, objectives and strategy aligned with the Corporation overall financial plan in key decisions related to Labour negotiations, costs and strategies.
- Act as an expert advisor by leading, providing guidance and coaching team and others within the organization
- Train and support managers and subordinates in execution and delivery of financial goals and alignment with organization priorities.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with executives, branch heads and strategic partners and ensure buy-in of solutions and changes in processes and strategy.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the Operational groups, responsible for all finance matters related to Labour negotiations and Strategic projects.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of activities/issues/trends pertaining to the airline industry domestically and internationally, as well as labour benchmarks and economics
- Lead financial Analysis and participate in major Labour contract renewals with a focus on obtaining all possible cost savings and managing costs; challenge the accepted norm that any saving or cost increase is satisfactory.
- Graduate degree in Business or Finance is a pre-requisite
- Accounting and/or business designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CFA)
- MBA an asset
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a large, complex organization
- Successful personal track record and strong leadership skills in building and sustaining a culture that inspires a high performing environment
- Leadership experience in managing key business objectives and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience managing and leading complex cross-functional teams
- Strong business sense and judgmental capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams and drive initiatives
- Excellent ability to communicate at an Executive level in both verbal and written formats for presentation, analytical and report generation purposes
- Knowledge of the airline industry an asset
- Very proficient on Excel, PowerPoint, Access and experience working with financial software/applications.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.