Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Provide a “World-Class” customer service approach to all end users by ensuring all IT services in the End User area are designed, delivered and adapted correctly and with a high degree of quality.
- Provide all levels of end users support for technology solutions provided through a service desk, walk-up
- Ensure IT services in the End User area are delivered correctly and with a high degree of quality by leading end user strategy & direction, projects, and process improvements to continually improve user functionality & experience. This team leverages outsource vendors to perform operational activities and drives proper performance management to attain results.
- Designs and executes the strategic vision for the IT Service Desk and Deskside functions by developing and leading a strong team of both internal and external (vendor based) engineers, administrators, and analysts who have a high level of subject matter expertise and outstanding commitment to organizational goals.
- Owns the end to end, end user service delivery functions: IT ServiceDesk, IT Deskside and workplace support, Executive Support domains, Airports General IT Support team
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience is positive with a strong focus on removal of manual tasks through automation and use of Self Help, with a strong focus on first contact resolution.
- Develops management level reporting to show the performance and health of core services and identifies core areas for continuous improvement
- Govern the preparation and maintenance of all documentation for all Service Desk and Deskside programs
- Ensure effective administration of, and compliance with, all internal processes, procedures and controls
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing agile customer focused team , encouraging excellence and building exceptional technical talent
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a proven record of success leading and collaborating with middle and senior management on client-facing business development, engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership engagements
- Ensure that the End User support delivery is conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external standards as defined in company objectives (e.g., ITIL and security processes)
- Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers to identify customer satisfaction levels (e.g. net promoter score, customer satisfaction score) and ongoing areas for improvement
- Manage daily support of various end user platforms (PCs, Macs, Voice and Video, Network, Applications).
- Support service improvement efforts to reduce incidents, enhance existing support, and improve end user experience.
- Ensure support coverage for employees when they travel to internal and external locations
- Participate with various stakeholders in maximizing the operational effectiveness of the End User experience, while ensuring service improvements are done to minimize repeat issues
- Participate in budget planning process relative to the specific needs of this user base
- Support an effective scheduling process to ensure appropriate coverage for executive travel\corporate events
- Manage vendor relationships with external partners to ensure daily end user services and project activities are delivered according to Air Canada standards. Provide operational oversight for partner delivery of Service Desk and Desktop Support Services where applicable.
- Airports, Contact Centers, International airports start up and shut down IT support
- Build and evolve a very strong tactical partnership with the separate Air Canada end user computing technology team (level 3 end user support) and the Air Canada end user productivity and collaboration Office 365 team.
- Provide guidance and roadmaps for enterprise hardware/software standards globally
- 13-15 years of IT technology, operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company
- Strong End User Service Management and Project Management experience including ServiceDesk and Workplace/Desktop Support Delivery, SLA management, KPI/Key metric reporting, service management processes and tools, Call Center strategies
- Business Processes and Operations experience a plus
- Vendor / Third Party Management including contract negotiations
- Business Relationship Management
- Highly effective communication / presentation skills
- Strong results driven orientation, driving to deadlines, financial targets, service level commitments, and overall accountability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience in a global organization.
- 10+ years of experience and very strong understanding of the user workstation environment with multi-OS platforms (Windows, OSX, Mobile)
- 10+ Years of managing teams, in a virtual setting a plus
- 10+ years of experience with workstation hardware and peripherals
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi)
- Extensive background in supporting and managing effective voice\video solutions
- Prior experience in Microsoft and Cisco technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Good understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated and be prepared to exhibit initiative and ownership of project success
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- ITIL, Six Sigma or Agile development experience desired
- Ability to work in a international, 24/7/365 environment requiring off hours availability when needed
- Ability to travel as required by the job - ~ 15%
- You have 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility within end user services on a global basis
- ITIL Practitioner or Intermediate Level certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Windows 10
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.