Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Program Manager is responsible for working with key Business Units within Air Canada to ensure proper program management structures, staffing, and funding in order to achieve the successful execution of the fleet exit program. The Program Manager offers a variety of project management tools and techniques to ensure successful implementation strategies and controls. The Position is reporting to the Manager, Aircraft Modifications and Upgrades.
- Works with the Air Canada Maintenance Business Units to ensure successful project delivery.
- Works with stakeholders to define and implement project structure, scoping and planning, change management, trouble reporting, issue tracking, status reporting and other key functions that are part of the project management lifecycle.
- Create and manage AFCs and budgets for interbranch resources and maintenance activities supporting fleet exit events/projects.
- Provide leadership on the aircraft exit initiatives with specific focus on aircraft technical requirements.
- Assist in the identification and negotiation of MRO contracts for scheduled aircraft exit events.
- Provide program updates through charts/graphs and other presentation formats.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical administration between the Air Canada and maintenance vendors and aircraft lessor representatives across various projects.
- Previous aircraft mechanic or systems engineering experience required.
- Strong intellect and analytical aptitude required, along with ability to manage multiple and varied activities
- Good negotiation skills essential in order to successfully resolve commercial and/or technical disputes
- Project and Program management experience
- PMI Certification or the equivalent an asset
- Bachelor degree or MBA or equivalent
- Requires in depth expertise and knowledge of Program Management principles and techniques to propose and implement different types of solutions within Business Units.
- Requires good knowledge of airline maintenance operations.
- Ability to have crucial conversations with the MDM (maintenance delivery manager), managers, vendors, and lessors in a respectful and productive manner.
- Excellent knowledge of technical and commercial provisions of aircraft lease contracts.
- Requires a strong understanding of aircraft records management, maintenance programs and repair and modification requirements associated with end of lease events.
- Should be familiar with regulatory requirements (TCCA, FAA, etc.) necessary to conduct maintenance on and export aircraft in Air Canada’s operation
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.